Craft: Harry Potter Pin Fail

Far more people RSVPed for the annual DADA (Harry Potter Meetup) Yule Party this year, which means I am scrambling to fill Christmas crackers (which, I hope, I’ll feel up to assembling tomorrow after my trip to the hospital for another test). Which meant that I once again attempted to make pins. There was more desperation in this attempt, so I kept working until I got some right. I found a fantastic tutorial. However, I ruined a whole lot of supplies in the process, which was painful but a good lesson for me to learn. I’m used to trying something, getting it right, and moving on. I’m not used to having such a high learning curve and wasting money and time in the process.

Me: 6
Badge-a-Minit: 14

Fail! Luckily, I found a few from last year, so I will definitely have enough for all the crackers now. What a relief!

Category: crafts, fail, merch  Tags: , , ,
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
2 Responses
  1. Kali says:

    I eventually moved on to a semi-automatic system because the badge a mi it ate twice as many supplies as I should have used. I’m seeing snap in pin sets at my local craft store too, which might work better without costing a few hundred bucks like my upgrade.

    • KateKintail says:

      Good to know! I got this machine second-hand from a good friend who upgraded her system. I feel like I have a better idea of what I’m supposed to be doing now… but I’m glad to hear that I’m not alone with the ratio of messing up supplies in the process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By :