I have more than enough to do two lists… possibly even three Here are some of the fandom-related LEGO creations that caught my eye this year at my local LEGO convention, Brickfair VA. Clickity-click the photos for larger versions.
Tag-Archive for » thor «
I love Netflix, don’t get me wrong. But sometimes their recommendation algorithms are a little… hinky.
More like Thor: The Dark World? Well, you’ve got the first Thor movie–that makes sense. You’ve got some other action/adventure-type movies. You’ve got some movies starring Chris Hemsworth and others with Natalie Portman. All of that makes sense. And the latter reason explains this next bit, but when I put Thor: The Dark World on my list, I was NOT expecting Netflix to recommend Sesame Street: Abby and Friends: P Is For Princess:
One of these things is not like the others…
Just goes to show that even Netflix has trouble with the superhero movie genre. Is it action? Is it adventure? Is it sci-fi? Uh, better just to be safe and recommend movies with the same actors.
When searching online I found far too many fan-made or non-commercially produced fandom products that creeped me out from Edward Cullen’s giant face staring at me from a shower curtain to inappropriately printed thongs. So I decided that all the items on this list had to be officially licensed items.
Top Ten Things I Will Not Enjoy Receiving as Christmas Gifts:
- Planet of the Apes Sky Diving Parachutist- Did I miss the part of the movies where the apes sky dive?
- I Heart Ron Weasley Pillowcase- I love Ron… but not in these dress robes, of all things. Also, I already own one of these
- Thor Alarm Clock Weight- Why does a god need a weight? And why would you make an alarm clock shaped like one? Hammer, guys. Thor’s got a hammer, not a weight *facepalm* And Thor doesn’t even need to sleep. Double-fail.
- Downton Abbey Lip Gloss- Because when I watch Downton Abbey, the one thing I notice is the glossiness of their lips
- Destroyed Cassandra Doctor Who Action Figure- First off, Cassandra in her “skin” form is barely in the episode this action figure is from. Second, this isn’t an “About to be Destroyed Cassandra,” it’s a frame where the character used to be and isn’t any more. The character isn’t even alive at this point and isn’t even included.
- Hunger Games Lightbulb- Put a bird on it! I saw this at Toys R Us a few weeks ago. It was super cheap but even that wasn’t enough to make me buy it. I don’t have the faintest idea what I’d do with such a thing
- JarJar Binks Lollipop- First off, it’s JarJar, and who needs that? Second, did anyone in charge of creating this even imagine what it would look like to suck on his tongue? I do NOT want anyone to be that intimate with JarJar.
- Star Trek Metal Detector- Oh dear. It looks vaguely Enterprise-like. But I’m not sure what this has anything to do with Star Trek. But there’s not a lot that’s less pathetic than a metal detector
- Twilight Perfume- “The Forbidden Fruit Tastes the Sweetest”. First off all, ick. Second of all, am I supposed to be eating this perfume? Double ick.
- Ugly Duncan Mug- I’ve got a Highlander bathrobe, a Highlander golf cap, a Highlander wallet (actually, two, because my first one accidentally went through the wash). But even I can’t handle the Ugly Duncan Mug with the katana & ponytail handle
Above photo is from Gail Kallen’s great AA Con Photos gallery